Sunday, June 18, 2006

A Salute to Girlfriends:

Some of the foundest memories I have of High School are my girlfriends. Many of us became life-long friends in Junior High and continued being friends all through High School. The friends in the pictures below are some of my favorite memories. In each of the photos you will find a picture of my dearest friend Marilyn. In the photo just below, she is the one on the far right.
High School was really not the favorite period in my life. I really did not enjoy the "clicks" and remembering to say "hi" to the right people. I really found my Junior and Senior years to be very difficult, but I know to this day that having Marilyn as my friend is what helped me survive. She was my confidant, my reality check and truly my soul sister.
It is really hard to believe that we have been best friends for over 50 years - I just added that up and I am in a state of shock! She and her husband Rich live in St.Louis and sometimes we meet and have lunch somewhere in the middle of the state. However, the most fantastic thing is that we have calling systems that allow us to call for free and talk as long as we want - after all, we are proud Grandma's now!

No comments: