Thursday, June 22, 2006

My Tribute to Aunt Betty:

Oh how I loved my Aunt Betty! I was always upset with Uncle Chuck for taking her away to California because then the visits were few and far between.
When Mom was living with us, Aunt Betty would call quite often and Mom even went out to visit Betty once. At that point and time in Mom's life, I really appreciated the break.
I was always "Winnie Jo" to Aunt Betty and we could talk and talk for hours. She really made me feel very special and when she died, I almost felt like someone had let all the air out of me! I was so thankful that I was able to go to her funeral and I really appreciate that Bobby did that for all of us.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I told Bob I wanted something that was hers that I could always keep and he gave me the little Bible she had as a child. I cherish it.

It is sad that Donna died so young.
She barely got to live.

patsy said...

aunt betty called you winnie jo but all the family members here called you winnie jo and it is hard for me to call you any thing else. aunt betty was a dear person for sure. i knew her better than i did aunt winnie and aunt fleta but we all knew aunt thelma the best and she was a barrel of joy and humor.