Friday, June 09, 2006

Nov. 15, 1954

George Leo Reed Junior arrived and were we all excited! We all thought for days what he should be called instead of "George", and their good friend Mrs. Mannering came up with the name "Skipper" - it was perfect for our special little guy - he was just too little to be called George when he was a little boy. Even to this day he will always be "Skip" to me and my family.
We all really worked on spoiling him - we had waited along time for Jim to have a brother. He was probably the strongest willed child any of us had ever seen - but oh sooo smart. He could make us all giggle, but if he didn't want to do something- no one could make him do it.
He stole my heart way back then and he still has my heart - I truly love him as a brother. He is not only a great husband and a great father, but he is just an all around good guy and I am very, very proud of him. Actually, he only really has one fault - he is a Republican and I don't seem to be able to change his mind.

5 comments:

patsy said...

he better be glad grandpa powell is dead if he is republican cause grandpa would have something to say to him.

Galla Creek said...

I am a proud Democrat!

Sister--Helen said...

Aren't we all Democrats? I was born the same year as Skipper. Winnie if you have some answer for us you can always comment on your own Post...we all read them every day. Just hit the comment at the bottom and leave us your answers we love to get them.

Sister--Helen said...

Winnie I have saved every picture as I am sure my Sisters have also.

Galla Creek said...

Yes, I have saved them all, too.
I just wish they were larger files so I could order copies.

Wonder how big the pictures would be if I ordered them? Most of 500 pixels by 600 or so...how large a picture would that make? Someone
smarter than me let me know. I think it would be really little.