Monday, June 12, 2006

Grandma in town

Grandma sold the farm and with the proceeds moved into a large house in Green Forest and she was a very content woman. It wa a huge house and she took in renters. She was across the street from Uncle Jesse's wife, she could walk to town and church. I truly remember the beautiful flowers on the front porch - Angle-winged begonia's. In side there were two couches facing each other that seemed to grow closer together as the years passed.
Grandma had a TV and on the TV sat the family from "As The World Turned". The shell horn that could be blown sat close to the TV and there was a bearskin rug on the wall that Uncle Chuck and the boys had sent her.
Her days were happy and she was ever so glad to be in town. She continued to work on her quilts and to crochet - for which I am ever grateful to have some pieces she made. She sent me the most beautiful dollie for graduation of High School and then for college graduation she made me a quilt. I got to pick the pattern and colors - pink checked flowers. It will always be a family heirloom.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

She made me a quilt. I will dig it
out and post a picture for you. I keep it put away ...have never used it.

It is a masterpiece!

Unknown said...

You know the sad thing is, I so treasure mine also that I have never used it. It is in the cedar chest - packed away because I don't know why.