Sunday, June 11, 2006

Aunt Betty came to St.Louis

I only remember Aunt Betty coming to St.Louis one time for a visit. She brought along this picture of Uncle Chuck and the boys that were back in California.
I do remember a little about them living in Green Forest before they went out to California. But it seems like all my other times to see Aunt Betty were when she would travel back to see Grandma and we would make a hurried trip down and enjoy every single minute of her visit. I just know I could have been around Aunt Betty every day of my life - I did so love her. She and I just really clicked - she always seemed more of friend than an Aunt, I could talk with her for hours and absolutely share anything with her. She was really easy to make laugh - especially the day she taught me how to cut up a chicken and fry it. The two of us were sweating and laughing all at the same time ( this was in Grandma's big house in town.) Later I will tell you about our one and only trip out to California to see Aunt Betty - between my Junior and Senior year in high school.

4 comments:

patsy said...

aunt betty was a good person and i loved her.

Galla Creek said...

Aunt Betty came to my first house to visit me. I liked to work out side so Uncle Chuck put a big ringer on the wall outside so I could hear the phone ring when i was working in the yard.

We went to CA to see Aunt Betty in 1983. they lived in northern CA then. They had goats and chickens and such. This house later caught fire and burned.

Galla Creek said...

Aunt Betty came to my first house to visit me. I liked to work out side so Uncle Chuck put a big ringer on the wall outside so I could hear the phone ring when i was working in the yard.

We went to CA to see Aunt Betty in 1983. they lived in northern CA then. They had goats and chickens and such. This house later caught fire and burned.

Unknown said...

I really think Betty and Chuck lost so much in the fire, I remember her talking about their collection of small bull dog statue's, Chuck's collection of old phones and this may have been when the watch was lost.