Sunday, August 21, 2011

Home Again


We had a wonderful day at the Merk Reunion. It was in Atlantic Iowa and this was the 69th year it was held. I first attended this runion when I was in grade school...we drove down to West Plains and picked up my Grandpa Merk...then drove all the way up to Iowa. We stayed with one of Grandpa's brothers in DesMoines. What a fun, fun day. This reunion is always held on the 3rd Sunday in August...sure wish that long ago we had set up a reunion for all of us. The one in pink is from my Grandpa's generation... Grandpa was the oldest of 15 and the one in pink was married to the youngest Merk brother. Some are first cousins to my Dad, but most are my generation and we remember playing as young kids. My Dad's Uncle Joe used to take many of us over to the skating rink in town....fun, fun memories.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

Family reunions remind me how much I appreciate cousins. Cousins are the best friends a person ever has.

Galla Creek said...

There are still quite a lot of Merks.
Glad you got to go.

Sister--Helen said...

Omg I inlarged the pic


You are so skinny! :-) :-) :-) :-)

Sister--Helen said...

Oh, and get you some clothes that fit, girl.... Those are falling off,,,