Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Big Oak Tree


I went over to my friend Anna Mae's (89 years old) home today to see the huge oak tree that fell in the storm on Friday night. Wow..it sure is a loss...Anna Mae thinks that it is well over 200 years old. She can't wait until they cut it down and she can count the rings.
Some of our friends didn't get their electric until late last night.
So far, I have talked only to Sam...but he sure had a awesome day today which was his first day of 5th Grade.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

You must have had a storm. Well, DC had a earthquake. What next?

patsy said...

let us know how many rings.

Sister--Helen said...

Well Winnie I was so proud to see you had lost so much weight. Only because I am sure it is easier to get around. I have started walking in the mornings. As soon as it gets daylight I start walking around the complex here. I walk in my PJ's The exercise room does not open till eight thirty and I am long gone from the house by then. I do not like to shower get dressed, then later dress in exercise clothes, come back shower dress again then shower later for bed. So now I just walk in my PJ's. There is never anyone sitting outside that early anyway. I love. To be able to get around better. The yoga has really helped me with movement. ..
You go girl!

Sister--Helen said...

Winnie I hope you are enjoying the cooler weather there. It is hot here but I can not complain. Soon I will be sitting out on my patio each morning drinking my coffee.