Saturday, December 15, 2007

Snow, Snow and More Snow

I have just finished cleaning off our double wide, steep driveway for the second time today~have I told you all how much I would love living in Florida. I love to walk on the beach and collect shells~ I do not like shoveling snow and chipping ice!
I'm hoping with our new 4 wheel drive that we can make it to church tomorrow morning and then attend Paxton and Tanner's Christmas program in the evening. There have been so many things cancelled over the last week, but my family really can count there blessings because we have all continued to have our power on. I have several friends up in St.Joseph, MO that have not had power for a week. I think I heard something about winter starting on the 22nd - I don't think Old Man Winter has looked at the calendar.
I hope all my family and friends are warm and safe this December night!

3 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

Well it is nice here Winnie.....you know you could move to AZ instead of Flordia....We have had a lot of wet weather this last few weeks but that is rare...and it seems to be a little colder than usuial....the lower parts of the valley may get a freeze tonight ...which means only 32... they say to cover the plants but it will not get that cold here in town where I live...Now Missy lives about 20 miles south and they will get a freeze but she does not have any young plants and I'm sure her bushes will be fine.....she will never cover them anyway...

Isadora said...

I hope your family stays warm and safe too and that all those who have been without power will soon have it back. That must be very trying. I love the snow and wish we got some, but it seems to be everywhere but where I'm at.

I'm also very thankful that you are able to shovel a double wide, long drive way twice a day!! I'm not sure I could!! Have a happy holiday and enjoy the festivities.

Galla Creek said...

Hope you lights are still on...that is the way Daddy always said it during a storm he would say 'the lights were off'.

Well, we can hear what you have to say even it you can't post a picture...but most of us poor Powells were visual learners...just kidding.