Sunday, April 29, 2007

Following in the foot steps:

I have taken up a new meaningful task that I think would make Grandma, Mom and Aunt Winnie proud. I have always enjoyed doing some simple craft sewing like cross stitch and applique - but here at this age I have taken up a new hobby. I have learned to do basic knitting and am now part of a small group at church called "Threads of Love". We are making prayer shawl's for those that are facing illness in our congregation and altho' mine may take a while to complete, it is one of the most satisfying things I have done in a long while. Today our Pastor blessed our work - no matter what the stage of our shawl. I think this is going to be a wonderful ministry.

9 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I can crotchet with my eyes clothes, but knitting is hard for me. I can do it. You have inspired me to knit again. I think you will catch on easy as it is in you genes.

I hope you are able to make many shawls and it blesses you doing it.

Sister--Helen said...

good for you!

Unknown said...

you can download Shawel ministries and it gives you a pattern to also crotchet the shawls if that is easier for you.

Galla Creek said...

Win, where do I go to download this...I am going to try it...maybe when school is out. I might send my to you to give to your church. Sis 3

Sister--Helen said...

Well winnie....I had to laugh when you said he blessed the work no matter what stage it was in.........Had you just cast on a few stitches???? You made it sound like you thought it was a stretch for him to bless yours....

Unknown said...

The sad part is that the email I received said exactly that - when last we met, I hadn't even cast on completely - but now I'm up to 60 rows. This shawl calls for 3 skeins (sp?) and I haven't even finished one yet. Actually, at my age it really gets hot knitting this time of the year - I guess I am lucky I don't live in Arizona teehee

patsy said...

way to go, i think that hand work is very satifying. i love to crochet.

Galla Creek said...

I am waiting for a picture of
the shawl...I check back daily to
see it...how is it coming?

Unknown said...

I'm finally up to 80 rows completed. I took it with me to the camper this last weekend and accomplished a little more. We now have 3 in our Sunday school calss going through Chemo - so we are all working hard.