Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Really, Really, Really

Boy has today been a really, really, really busy day. I worked all morning with a friend planning next years dates for P.E.O. Then this afternoon I took on a new project...I am going to try and teach Sharon (my new friend from China) how to read English. She is really an eager learner and today's one hour lesson went really well. I decided that if I could teach 5 and 6 years olds how to read, I could teach Sharon that has very little English language. I saved all my old Sally, Dick and Jane books from when I taught 1st Grade. I really was pleased with our progress today. She has trouble saying "v's", "w's" and "r's". She was really happy about today's lesson.
Then...I had to go and pick up Sam from school. His Mom has evening conferences...but, Dad got here by 5:00....We will have all 3 boys on Thursday night because there is no school for the kids on Friday. All the parents will be working...I just know we will have a good time.

2 comments:

patsy said...

In the last years I worked I taught two vietman young people to speak english. They were very smart and it was a joy to me to teach them. i would go to work one hour early every day and taught them to speak english.
the young man lives in Mass. near where the kennedys live and he has his own business building houses. he employes other vietnam people and he is able to talk to the people they work for in english. this is the reason he has his business.
One day he said one of his workers ask him how he learned english and he told them about this woman in arkansas who took the time to teach him english. made me proud.

Galla Creek said...

If we can help someone along the way, it is a good thing.