Thursday, April 24, 2008

Results....

The hearing just ended with these results....
The student will be back in school Monday.
She will be enrolled in an anger management group for 2008-2009.
She will enjoy a "fast pass" to the counselor anytime she feels overwhelmed by anger.
She will not be in Cindy's class next year.

So...here's my take....hit a teacher- then hire a lawyer. If you are black in our district, nothing will happen to you.

We do, however, hope this is the end of the matter. We do hope that she does not sue Cindy, which is what has been said outside of school.

I don't care what age your child is......when they go through something like this, it is really hard to swallow.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I belong to NEA, AEA and my local union. Cindy does I hope...you never stand alone. I can call and I will have a lawyer with me at school tomorrow. I don't have to pay a cent.

Unknown said...

you are right about that, but~ if you want to counter sue, you have to get your own lawyer. NEA will protect you if you are sued. Today we are feeling a little better because we now know that it was the court that stepped in and they are the ones that have this young lady under their thumb~believe me when I say we are doing better

patsy said...

tell cendy be of good cheer.