Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Let the New Year Begin!

This editorial cartoon was in the KC paper today~I can not think of a better tribute to my Mom's Birthday remembrance than to post a picture of the President she actually hated the most. I can't imagine what my Mom would have thought of "Bushie", but I'm sure she would have gotten a kick out of this on her 90th birthday. It's hard to believe that my best friend would be 90 tomorrow, or it could be 91 depending on which version of birth years you use. There has always been a dispute as to Mom's birth year and Dad would never let us write for her birth certificate. You see - Fleta wasn't her real name.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

A great remembrance of your Mom.

patsy said...

SHE WOULD BE 90 YEARS OLD. WHAT WAS HER REAL NAME. GRANDMA SAID SHE NAMED HER FOR A person IN A BOOK?
nixion was a better persend than bush,.

Unknown said...

Mom's real name was Trellamae and that was confirmed by your dad

patsy said...

of all things. i never heard of such a name. since fleta was named for her i am going to start calling her TRELLIE!

patsy said...

that is really strange "Trellamae" i mean because I saw a letter grandma wrote grandpa while he was in California in the 20's and she made reference to Fleta and called her Fleta. I know it wasn't because grandpa and grandma couldn't spell that her name was changed because they both were good spellers.
do you know how or why they started calling her Fleta?

patsy said...

I always thought that grandpa didn't approve of nicknames but you posted a letter where he called winnie rea "BILL".
That is another interesting fact, why or how did they start calling winnie bill?