Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sleet, Sleet - Go Away!

As you all know I have been on a very short leash since the knee surgery, but at least, I could get out and go to the store or to Walmart. Actually, they are so close I guess I could walk in the sleet today, but really have no desire to be out in this mess. They say it will come in three different waves and we are now starting phase II. Soooo - I guess I won't even be able to go to church tomorrow.
When my Dad passed away, we had the opportunity to move to Florida instead of Mom coming up to KC. On days like today, I often wonder how different our lives would have been had we lived in Floriday - it sure is a daydream for me because I love Florida just as much as my parents did. Too bad, so sad ~ Mike does not like Florida. I would much rather be picking up seashells instead of casting out "ice-Melt"!

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Winnie...I am with Mike. They can have Florida. I like Arkansas and Missouri. It rained all day here, I was hating it until I read your blog and i have decided to give thanks for the rain. The cold air is behind the rain here...I guess.

Spring is coming.

I guess the knee is doing ok. We have a new pastor at church. I am not enjoying him. I hope I can play sick tomorrow and miss out on a sermon that I don't really enjoy.

I know I should not have said that. I am probably where the short come lies!

Galla Creek said...

Patsy said Springfield was bad...how is it there? We only got a flood here, no ice.

patsy said...

do you have heat? we only had rain so far it is 8:51 on 14!