Monday, January 01, 2007

Quiet Start to '07

I am quite sure last night was the first New Year's Eve we didn't ring in for the last 40 years. We actually went to bed at 10:30 ~ then were awaken with sounds like cannons by celebrating neighbors. We actually just giggled and said "Happy New Year" and promptly fell back asleep.
Mike is doing really well this time round with his knee, however, still housebound with visiting nurse and therapy everyday.
Sam will spend the night because he doesn't have school on the 2nd and his Mom has to be at her school.
Our big adventure will be Wednesday when I take Mike to the Dr. for the first time since surgery. I really think all will go well and he will have his staples removed and maybe he will start outpatient therapy.
My leash is a little short right now - but by this summer he should be able to fly fish with me and that sure will make all this bionic stuff worth while.
I am really proud of him for getting this second one done, it really is a rough surgery.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Thanks for the update. Most folks seem to think this knee replacement thing is what is in the future for me. As for now, I will resist.

patsy said...

happy new year.

Galla Creek said...

How is Mike doing?